Willing and Able Foundation
Full time - Competitive remuneration package, including vehicle
Based in the NSW seaside town of Port Macquarie, this leadership position is ideal for a motivated and dynamic person who has a passion for supporting people with intellectual disabilities living in the mid north coast of New South Wales.
Willing and Able Foundation (WAAF) is currently looking for an experienced General Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of the Foundation.
Reporting directly to the Board, the General Manager will manage operations and work side by side with the Board to develop and achieve the Strategic Objectives and Business Plan of WAAF.
As a member of the Executive team, the General Manager will contribute to the strategic thinking, planning and implementation of the Foundations’ agreed directions, goals and policies.
As leader, the General Manager is responsible for setting the team’s objectives, strategies, and targets to achieve or better the Foundations’ overall goals and, by example, promoting the values and standards of Willing and Able Foundation.
The General Manager promotes an inclusive, supportive culture and ensures excellence in client support, business governance and financial management. Qualified candidates will have impeccable verbal and written communication skills, a strong ability to multitask and a friendly demeanor.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to be part of an organization who truly values our people and the greater community and understands that the abilities of our people are an integral part of helping us to achieve our vision to provide a rewarding and enriching experience for our supported employees, activity participants and supported independent living home residents.
This position offers 38 hours a week in a flexible, collegiate organization.
To be successful in this position, we require a candidate that has the following experience & qualification:
• Previous experience in the areas of Disability Support or Supported Employment Services.
• Tertiary qualifications in a business or management discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
• Has a strong passion and drive for helping to support people with a disability.
• Growth mindset with a focus on ROI.
• Ability to manage project and financial requirements within contractual and budgetary parameters including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting management.
• Previous experience with human resources and personnel management.
• Strong understanding and experience with corporate governance, legislative and regulatory framework requirements in a not-for-profit environment.
• Proven experience in building consensus and relationships among the Board, Staff, Volunteers and other key stakeholders.
• Experience in preparation, development and presentation of business and strategic plans.
• Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• A friendly disposition with a positive "can-do" attitude.
Willing & Able Foundation is part of the NDIS national framework.
With a strong team of caring, like-minded people, dedicated to providing vibrant, sustainable businesses widely recognized in our local community for our value for money services and our friendly, willing & able people.
Our mission is to provide meaningful paid employment and personal growth opportunities for adults with intellectual disabilities in a safe and happy environment.
Willing & Able has several successful businesses which provide employment for the more than 30 Supported Employees in the Port Macquarie Hastings region. These people are individually placed in work most suited to their physical and intellectual strengths and personal preferences.
We provide quality products and services to customers in compliance with government and community standards in the following areas of activity:
• Opportunity Shop
• Coffee Bar
• Assembly and Packaging
• Recycling and Renovation Warehouse
• Commercial Laundry Services
• Supported Independent Living
• Real Estate Signage.
HOW TO APPLY
• To discuss this opportunity or obtain a copy of the detailed role description please contact John Sheather, Director, Willing and Able Foundation on 0421356060.
• Please submit your resume, with a brief cover letter outlining how your experience matches our requirements to [email protected]
by 5PM, Friday 18 February 2022.